Syringe Service Program
Protect Yourself! Come visit us
People who inject drugs are at risk for HIV, Hepatitis B virus (HBV) and Hepatitis C virus (HCV) through sharing needles and drug-preparation equipment. Sharing needles or works like spoons, cookers, cottons, ties, or water can transfer blood from person to person. When you are under the influence, you’re also more likely to make risky sexual decisions, which can increase your risk for getting HIV.
Hours of Operation and Location
Hours: TEMPORARY CHANGE OF HOURS - Wednesdays, & Fridays 12:00pm - 4:30pm
Cabarrus Health Alliance
300 Mooresville Rd
Kannapolis, NC 28081
Once you walk in the building, head to the Care Center (2nd door on your left).
- Free, sterilized needles, injecting supplies, and condoms
- Collection and safe disposal of used needles/syringes
- Education on overdose prevention and response; training on how to use Naloxone medication (Narcan)
- Tips on injury prevention and drug-related illness
- Education on sexual health and prevention of sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
- Free, walk-in testing and counseling for HIV and Hepatitis C (no appointment necessary).
- Appointments for Hepatitis A & B vaccination (Twinirix); screening for Hepatitis A, B, and C
- Appointments for screening/treatment of STIs, as well as services for PrEP, a medicine that prevents HIV
- Appointments for testing and treatment of Tuberculosis (TB)
- Linkage to other desired services
Harm Reduction Resources
What is MOUD?
Understanding Medicated Assisted Treatment
Safe Sex Practices
PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis)
Hepatitis C information
24 HOUR MENTAL HEALTH/SUBSTANCE USE
REFERRAL & CRISIS LINE 1-888-235-4673
SUICIDE PREVENTION 1-800-273-8255
CALL 911 if this is a medical or life threatening emergency. If you need the police, ask for a CIT officer. They have received extra training on handling these situations.
If this is NOT a medical or life threatening emergency visit our Crisis Resource Page.
Never Use Alone - 1-800-484-3731
If you are going to use by yourself, call us! You will be asked for your first name, location, and the number you are calling from. An operator will stay on the line with you while you use. If you stop responding after using, the operator will notify emergency services of an \"unresponsive person\" at your location.