Syringe Service Program
Never Use Alone - 1-800-484-3731
If you are going to use by yourself, call us! You will be asked for your first name, location, and the number you are calling from. An operator will stay on the line with you while you use. If you stop responding after using, the operator will notify emergency services of an \"unresponsive person\" at your location.
Protect Yourself! Come visit us.
People who inject drugs are at risk for HIV, Hepatitis B virus (HBV) and Hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection through sharing needles and drug-preparation equipment. This is because sharing needles or works like spoons, cookers, cottons, ties, or water can transfer blood from person to person. Also, when you’re high on drugs, you’re more likely to take risks with sex, which can increase your risk for getting HIV.
Cabarrus Health Alliance - Kannapolis
300 Mooresville Road - Once you walk in the building, head to the Care Center (2nd door on your left).
Hours: Mondays, Wednesdays, & Fridays 12:00pm - 2:00pm & 3:00pm -4:30pm
- Free, sterilized needles, injecting supplies, and condoms
- Collection and safe disposal of used needles/syringes.
- Education on overdose prevention and response; training on how to use Naloxone medication (Narcan).
- Tips on safer injecting strategies, injury prevention, and drug-related illness.
- Education on sexual health and prevention of sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
- Free, walk-in testing and counseling for HIV and Hepatitis C (no appointment necessary).
- Appointments for Hepatitis A & B vaccination (Twinirix); screening for Hepatitis A, B, and C.
- Appointments for screening/treatment of STIs, as well as services for PrEP, a medicine that prevents HIV.
- Appointments for testing and treatment of Tuberculosis (TB).
- Linkage to other desired services
24 HOUR MENTAL HEALTH/SUBSTANCE USE
REFERRAL & CRISIS LINE 1-888-235-4673
SUICIDE PREVENTION 1-800-273-8255
CALL 911 if this is a medical or life threatening emergency. If you need the police, ask for a CIT officer. They have received extra training on handling these situations.
If this is NOT a medical or life threatening emergency visit our Crisis Resource Page.