Prediabetes and Diabetes
Diabetes is a disease that causes blood glucose (sugar) levels to rise higher than normal (hyperglycemia). Type 2 diabetes is the most common form of diabetes. If you have type 2 diabetes, your body does not use insulin properly (insulin resistance).
Preventing Diabetes - Journey to a Healthier Me - A Free Program
If you have prediabetes or other risk factors for Type 2 diabetes, it’s time to take charge of your health. Cabarrus Health Alliance is partnering with health departments and community organizations in the counties of Cabarrus, Rowan, Gaston, Catawba, Stanly and Iredell to provide Journey to a Healthier Me, using Prevent T2, a diabetes prevention program. This lifestyle change intervention can help you make lasting changes to reduce your risk of Type 2 diabetes. Prevent T2 is part of the National Diabetes Prevention Program, led by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
With the Prevent T2 you get:
- A CDC-approved curriculum
- The skills you need to lose weight, be more physically active, and manage stress
- A trained lifestyle coach to guide and encourage you
- Support from other participants with the same goals as you
For More Information
(704) 920 – 1362 or (704) 920-1279
Spanish (704) 920-1148