Public Swimming Pools
All public swimming pools and spas are permitted and inspected each year by our department. This includes seasonal and annual pools. Items addressed include plan review, water quality, safety, and general compliance with the public swimming pool rules.
Section 15A NCAC 18A .2500 (Rules Governing Public Swimming Pools) serve as a basis for all activities related to the regulation of pools within Cabarrus County. Those activities are (but not limited to):
Permitting and inspection of Public Swimming Pools (Public swimming pools are those defined in 15A NCAC 18A).
- Investigation of complaints regarding Public Swimming Pool sanitation violations.
- Plan review of all proposed facilities to be constructed, remodeled or repaired.
- Remodeled means renovations requiring disruption of major portions of the pool shell or deck, changes in the pool profile, or redesign of the pool hydraulic system. Remodeled does not include equipment replacement or repair or addition of outlets for the purpose of reducing suction hazards.
- Repair means repair of existing equipment, replastering or repainting of the pool interior, replacement of tiles or coping and similar maintenance activities. This term includes replacement of pool decks where the Department has determined that no changes are needed to underlying pipes or other pool structures.
Environmental Health Office Hours of Operation
8:00 am to 5:00 pm weekdays.
Eligibility and Payment
Services are for public pools located within Cabarrus County.
Cash, check, or major credit cards are accepted.
For complete list of fees, please view the fee schedule (PDF).
Other Helpful Tools for Public Swimming Pools
- Daily log sheet for pool operators (PDF)
- VGB Act of 2007
- Drain Safety Requirements
- NCDHHS Public Swimming Pools