Food & Lodging
For COVID-19 related information click here.
The Food and Lodging program consists of a variety of unannounced facility inspections, including: restaurants, food stands, meat markets, nursing homes and hospitals, school cafeterias, residential care facilities, mobile food units and pushcarts, summer camps, and lodging facilities. Permitting of temporary food stands (food booths for races, carnivals, fairs, etc.) is also done through this program. Environmental Health Specialists work to insure compliance with all sanitation requirements by routine inspections, food handling education, plan review of all new establishments, and complaint investigation. Through food safety education Environmental Health Specialists hope to eliminate food-borne outbreaks within our community.
Please click here for fee schedule.
Food & Lodging Resources
For more food and lodging resources click here.
Report a Concern or Complaint
To report a Food and Lodging concern or complaint please click here.
- North Carolina Food Code Manual
- .2600 Food Service Establishments
- .1300 Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Adult Care Homes Institutions
- .1800 Lodging
- .2200 Bed and Breakfast Homes
- .3000 Bed and Breakfast Inns
- .1600 Residential Care Facilities
- .3300 Adult Day Service Facilities
- .1000 Summer Camps
- .3600 Resident Camps
- .1700 Protection of Water Supplies
- Temporary Food Stands
- Application for a Food Establishment Permit and Pre-opening Checklist
- Plan Review Application
- Limited Food Service Application
- Push Carts Application
- Mobile Food Units Check List and Application
- Mobile Food Unit / Pushcart Commissary Agreement
- Variance Application
Food Safety Resources
- Food Protection Program - NC Dept of Health and Human Services
- Division of Marine Fisheries - Shellfish Sanitation
- General Statutes - Exemptions for selling food for pay
- NSF - National Sanitation Foundation